- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 3. Negotiable Instruments
- Section 205. Special Endorsement; Blank Endorsement; Anomalous Endorsement.
previous: Section 204
next: Section 206
. Restrictive Endorsement.
AS 45.03.205. Special Endorsement; Blank Endorsement; Anomalous Endorsement.
- (a) If an endorsement is made by the holder of an instrument, whether payable to an identified person or payable to
bearer, and the endorsement identifies a person to whom it makes the instrument payable, it is a "special endorsement."
When specially endorsed, an instrument becomes payable to the identified person and may be negotiated only by the
endorsement of that person. The principles stated in AS 45.03.110
apply to special endorsements.
- (b) If an endorsement is made by the holder of an instrument and it is not a special endorsement, it is a "blank
endorsement." When endorsed in blank, an instrument becomes payable to bearer and may be negotiated by transfer of
possession alone until specially endorsed.
- (c) The holder may convert a blank endorsement that consists only of a signature into a special endorsement by writing,
above the signature of the endorser, words identifying the person to whom the instrument is made payable.
- (d) "Anomalous endorsement" means an endorsement made by a person who is not the holder of the instrument. An anomalous
endorsement does not affect the manner in which the instrument may be negotiated.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.