- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 3. Negotiable Instruments
- Section 113. Date of Instrument.
previous: Section 112
next: Section 114
. Contradictory Terms of Instrument.
AS 45.03.113. Date of Instrument.
- (a) An instrument may be antedated or postdated. The date stated determines the time of payment if the instrument is
payable at a fixed period after the date. Except as provided in AS 45.04.401
(c), an instrument payable on demand is not payable before the date of the instrument.
- (b) If an instrument is undated, the date of the instrument is the date of the instrument's issue or, in the case of an
unissued instrument, the date the instrument first comes into possession of a holder.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.