- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 3. Negotiable Instruments
- Section 108. Payable On Demand or at Definite Time.
previous: Section 107
. Instrument Payable in Foreign Money.
next: Section 109
. Payable to Bearer or to Order.
AS 45.03.108. Payable On Demand or at Definite Time.
- (a) A promise or order is payable on demand if it
- (1) states that it is payable on demand or at sight, or otherwise indicates that it is payable at the will of the holder;
- (2) does not state a time of payment.
- (b) A promise or order is payable at a definite time if it is payable on elapse of a definite period of time after sight
or acceptance or at a fixed date or dates or at a time or times readily ascertainable at the time the promise or order
is issued, subject to rights of
- (1) prepayment;
- (2) acceleration;
- (3) extension at the option of the holder; or
- (4) extension to a further definite time at the option of the maker or acceptor, or automatically on or after a specified
act or event.
- (c) If an instrument, payable at a fixed date, is also payable upon demand made before the fixed date, the instrument is
payable on demand until the fixed date and, if demand for payment is not made before that date, becomes payable at a
definite time on the fixed date.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.