- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 99. Miscellaneous Provisions and Policies
- Section 30. Lobbying Contracts Prohibited.
previous: Section 20
. Use of Paper.
next: Section 100
. Declaration of State Economic Development Policy.
AS 44.99.030. Lobbying Contracts Prohibited.
- (a) Notwithstanding other provisions of law, the following entities may not contract with a person to pay the person money
or other thing of value to lobby the state, a municipality of the state, or an agency of the state or municipality:
- (1) Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation;
- (2) Alaska Commercial Fishing and Agriculture Bank;
- (3) Alaska Energy Authority;
- (4) Alaska Housing Finance Corporation;
- (5) Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority;
- (6) Alaska Medical Facility Authority;
- (7) Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority;
- (8) Alaska Municipal Bond Bank Authority;
- (9) Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation;
- (10) Alaska Railroad Corporation;
- (11) [Repealed, Sec. 8 ch 2 SLA 2004].
- (12) Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute;
- (13) Alaska Student Loan Corporation.
- (b) In this section,
- (1) "lobby a municipality or an agency of a municipality" means to engage in an activity for the purpose of influencing
municipal legislative or administrative action if the activity is substantially the same as activity that would have
required registration under AS 24.45.121 if the
activity was for the purpose of influencing state legislative or administrative action;
- (2) "lobby the state or an agency of the state" means to engage in an activity for which registration is required under AS
Article 02. GENERAL STATE POLICIES
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.