- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 99. Miscellaneous Provisions and Policies
- Section 3. Qualifications of Radio Station.
previous: Section 2
. Employment of Radio Stations.
next: Section 4
. Prescribing Proof of Capacity and Suitability of Station and of Service and Allotment of Radio Time.
AS 44.99.003. Qualifications of Radio Station.
A radio station used for the purposes set out in AS 44.99.002
- (1) be licensed by the appropriate agency of the federal government to operate a broadcasting station of not less than 250
watt capacity in the state;
- (2) have operated radio broadcasting continuously for a least one year before the date of its employment by the governor
and during this period have broadcast daily radio programs totaling at least 75 hours in each month;
- (3) have broadcast programs that have been received by the public over long wave radio receivers over a radius of at least
300 miles from the broadcasting station, and on demand shall furnish letters or telegrams from the radio audience
confirming reception within the required area;
- (4) have invested at least $20,000 in real estate, buildings, transmitters, power equipment, antenna, radio masts, musical
instruments, office equipment and other property, used or useful in the operation of the radio station exclusively.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.