- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 85. Alaska Municipal Bond Bank Authority
- Section 180. Issuance of Bonds and Notes.
previous: Section 170
. Loans to Political Subdivisions and Joint Insurance Arrangements.
next: Section 190
. Form of Issuance.
AS 44.85.180. Issuance of Bonds and Notes.
- (a) Subject to AS 44.85.100
(b), the bond bank authority may issue its bonds or notes in principal amounts that it considers necessary to provide
funds for any purposes under this chapter, including
- (1) the purchase of municipal bonds;
- (2) the making of loans through the purchase of municipal bonds, notes, or certificates of participation secured by an
agreement between the bond bank authority and a municipality or a municipal joint insurance arrangement organized under
- (3) the payment, funding, or refunding of the principal of, or interest or redemption premiums on, bonds or notes issued
by it whether the bonds or notes or interest to be funded or refunded have or have not become due;
- (4) the establishment or increase of reserves to secure or to pay bonds or notes or interest on bonds or notes and all
other costs or expenses of the bond bank authority incident to and necessary or convenient to carry out its corporate
purposes and powers.
- (b) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter or by the bond bank authority, every issue of bonds or notes shall be
general obligations payable out of the revenues or funds of the bond bank authority, subject only to agreements with
the holders of particular bonds or notes pledging a particular revenue or fund. Bonds or notes may be additionally
secured by a pledge of a grant or contributions from the United States or the state or a political subdivision or a
person, firm, or corporation, or a pledge of income or revenues, funds or money of the bond bank authority from any
- (c) Notwithstanding the provisions of (a) and (b) of this section, the total amount of bond bank authority bonds and notes
outstanding at any one time, except bonds or notes issued to fund or refund bonds or notes, may not exceed
- (d) In deciding to purchase municipal bonds of a municipality, the bond bank authority shall give preference to the
municipalities referred to in AS 44.85.005
. In addition, the following, listed in order of preference, are preferred purposes of the municipal bonds that may be
considered by the bond bank authority for purchase: schools, waste water treatment facilities, fire protection and
public safety facilities, public health facilities, and public transportation facilities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.