- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 83. Alaska Energy Authority
- Section 40. Officers; Meetings; Quorum.
previous: Section 30
. Membership of the Authority.
next: Section 45
. Qualifications, Powers, and Duties of Officers and Directors. [Repealed, Sec. 27 Ch 18 SLA 1993].
AS 44.83.040. Officers; Meetings; Quorum.
- (a) The chair and vice-chair of the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority shall serve as officers of the
Alaska Energy Authority. The powers of the Alaska Energy Authority are vested in the directors, and three directors of
the authority constitute a quorum. Action may be taken and motions and resolutions adopted by the Alaska Energy
Authority at a meeting by the affirmative vote of a majority of the directors. The directors of the Alaska Energy
Authority serve without compensation, but they shall receive the same travel pay and per diem as provided by law for
board members under AS 39.20.180
- (b) The board may meet and transact business by an electronic medium if
- (1) public notice of the time and locations where the meeting will be held by an electronic medium has been given in the
same manner as if the meeting were held in a single location;
- (2) participants and members of the public in attendance can hear and have the same right to participate in the meeting as
if the meeting were conducted in person; and
- (3) copies of pertinent reference materials, statutes, regulations, and audio-visual materials are reasonably available to
participants and to the public.
- (c) A meeting by an electronic medium as provided in this section has the same legal effect as a meeting in person.
- (d) A director of the authority may not vote on a resolution of the authority relating to a lease or contract to be
entered into by the authority under this chapter if the director is a party to the lease or contract or has a direct
ownership or equity interest in a firm, partnership, corporation, or association that is a party to the contract or
lease. When abstaining from voting, the director must disclose the reason for the abstention. A director who is a
member of an electric cooperative that is organized under or subject to AS 10.25 (Electric and Telephone Cooperative Act) may vote on a
resolution relating to a contract or lease to which that cooperative is a party. The director shall disclose the
cooperative membership at the time of voting. A resolution of the authority that is approved by a majority of the
directors present who are not barred from voting under this subsection is a valid action of the authority for all
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.