- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 81. Commercial Fishing and Agriculture Bank
- Section 231. Pledge of Permits.
previous: Section 230
. Loans For Purchase of Alaska Limited Entry Permits. [Repealed, Sec. 27 Ch 34 SLA 1996].
next: Section 235
. Limitations On Pledge of Permits. [Repealed, Sec. 27 Ch 34 SLA 1996].
AS 44.81.231. Pledge of Permits.
- (a) A limited entry permit issued under AS 16.43 may be pledged by
the holder as security for a loan authorized under AS 44.81.236
if the certificate for the pledged permit lists the bank as the legal owner of the permit and the pledger as the
equitable owner of the permit.
- (b) Annual permit cards issued under the pledged permit must be in the name of the equitable owner who shall be
responsible for compliance with the laws that govern the permit as if the equitable owner were the holder of the
- (c) Co-borrowers or guarantors on a loan secured by one or more pledged permits do not have a right in the pledged permit
of the equitable owner, whether by subrogation or other manner.
- (d) Upon payment of the loan, the bank shall certify to the Alaska Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission that the loan has
been repaid, and the commission shall amend the permit certificate to list the equitable owner as the holder, and the
legal interest of the bank shall terminate.
- (e) In anticipation of a possible foreclosure under AS 44.81.241
- 44.81.250, the equitable owner of a permit that is
pledged as security for the loan may nominate a person to whom the permit may be transferred if the pledge is
foreclosed under AS 44.81.245
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.