- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 68. State Property
- Section 270. Transfer of Equipment to Political Subdivisions.
previous: Section 250
. Additions and Replacements to Fund.
next: Section 280
. Restriction On Sales By Transferee.
AS 44.68.270. Transfer of Equipment to Political Subdivisions.
- (a) The commissioner of transportation and public facilities may transfer directly to a political subdivision of the
state, including a village organized under 25 U.S.C. 461 - 479, the title to automotive and construction equipment that
can be used in the maintenance or construction of roads and airports.
- (b) Equipment may not be transferred unless it is in excess of known state requirements in the major senatorial district
and is intended for use, to some extent, to maintain and construct airports or roads.
- (c) The commissioner may transfer equipment that in the commissioner's judgment is not economically repairable or is
obsolete, without regard to (b) of this section.
- (d) The commissioner shall determine how the equipment is to be allocated in the best interests of the state. The
commissioner may adopt necessary regulations to implement this section and AS 44.68.280
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.