- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 68. State Property
- Section 130. Financing Surplus Property Service; Special Fund.
previous: Section 120
. Authority and Duty of Department of Administration.
next: Section 140
. Authorization to Accept Property.
AS 44.68.130. Financing Surplus Property Service; Special Fund.
- (a) The functions of the Department of Administration under AS 44.68.120 - 44.68.140 shall be, to the fullest extent possible,
self-supporting. Funds to pay for personal services and all other expenses necessary to operate under AS 44.68.120
- 44.68.140 shall be obtained from appropriations
authorized under AS 44.68.120
- 44.68.140 and fees charged to users of surplus
property. However, charges may not be made when property is transferred for civil defense purposes. The department
shall establish the fees to be charged. Charges may be made to reimburse the department for direct costs incurred on
behalf of users of surplus property.
- (b) The charges or fees imposed by the department for the acquisition, warehousing, distribution, or transfer of federal
surplus property for educational, public health, or civil defense purposes, including research, and for purposes
eligible under federal law are limited to those reasonably related to the costs of care and handling in respect to
acquisition, receipt, warehousing, distribution, or transfer by the department. In the case of real property, the
charges and fees shall be limited to the reasonable administrative costs of the department incurred in transferring the
property. A reasonable reserve may be considered as a proper cost.
- (c) There is a special revolving fund in the state treasury. All fees and other money collected from users and receiving
agencies shall be deposited in this fund. Administrative costs and incidental expenses shall be paid from this special
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.