- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 64. Hearing Officers and Office of Administrative Hearings
- Section 200. Definitions.
previous: Section 95
. Federal Requirements.
next: Chapter 65
. Interdepartment and Interagency Services
AS 44.64.200. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "administrative hearing" means a quasi-judicial hearing before an agency; it does not include an informal conference
or review held by an agency before a final decision is issued or a rate-making proceeding or other nonadjudicative
- (2) "administrative law judge" means a hearing officer who is retained or employed by the office;
- (3) "agency" means an agency of the executive branch of state government, including an officer, a division, or another
subunit of an agency, a board or commission, a public corporation, and the University of Alaska;
- (4) "hearing officer" means an individual who presides over the conduct of an administrative hearing and who is retained
or employed by an agency for that purpose;
- (5) "office" means the office of administrative hearings established in AS 44.64.010
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.