- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 62. Administrative Procedure Act
- Section 750. Committee Duties, Procedures, and Report.
previous: Section 740
. Establishment, Time Line, Support, and Termination of Committee.
next: Section 760
. Facilitator Selection, Duties, and Authority.
AS 44.62.750. Committee Duties, Procedures, and Report.
- (a) A negotiated regulation making committee shall consider the matter proposed by the agency head for consideration and
shall attempt to reach consensus concerning a proposed regulation and any other matter on which the agency head
requests assistance and that is relevant to the proposed regulation.
- (b) The person representing the agency on a negotiated regulation making committee shall participate in the deliberations
of the committee with the same rights and responsibilities of other members of the committee and is authorized to fully
represent the agency in the discussions and negotiations of the committee.
- (c) An agency head may adopt procedures for the operation of the negotiated regulation making committee. The agency head
shall appoint the chair of the committee.
- (d) If a negotiated regulation making committee achieves consensus on a proposed regulation on or before the completion
date established under AS 44.62.740
(b), the committee shall transmit to the agency head that established the committee a report containing the proposed
- (e) If a negotiated regulation making committee does not reach a consensus on the proposed regulation on or before the
completion date established under AS 44.62.740
(b), the committee shall transmit to the agency head a report specifying areas in which the committee reached consensus
and the issues that remain unresolved. The committee may include in the report other information, recommendations, or
materials that the committee considers appropriate. A member of the committee may include as an addendum to the report
additional information, recommendations, or materials.
- (f) AS 44.62.310
- 44.62.312 apply to meetings of a negotiated
regulation making committee.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.