- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 62. Administrative Procedure Act
- Section 245. Material Incorporated By Reference.
previous: Section 240
. Limitation On Retroactive Action.
next: Section 250
. Emergency Regulations.
AS 44.62.245. Material Incorporated By Reference.
- (a) In adopting a regulation that incorporates a document or other material by reference, a state agency may incorporate
future amended versions of the document or other material if the adopted regulation identifies or refers to the
document or other material followed by the phrase "as may be amended," the phrase "as amended from time to time," or a
similar provision and the
- (1) document consists of a regulation of another agency of the state; or
- (2) incorporation of a future amended version of the document or other material is explicitly authorized by a statute.
- (b) When the amended version of a document or other material incorporated by reference in a regulation as described in (a)
of this section becomes available, the state agency shall
- (1) make the amended version of the document or other material available to the public for review; and
- (2) post on the Alaska Online Public Notice System and publish in a newspaper of general circulation or trade or industry
publication or in a regularly published agency newsletter or similar printed publication, not later than 15 days after
the amended version of the document or other material becomes available, a notice that describes the affected
regulation, the effective date of the amended version of the document or other material, and how a copy of the amended
version may be obtained or reviewed.
- (c) The state agency shall also send the notice described in (b)(2) of this section to
- (1) a person who has placed the person's name on a distribution list kept by the agency that lists persons who want to
receive the notice; the agency may allow a person to request that distribution of the notice be by electronic means and
shall honor that request if appropriate means are available; and
- (2) the regulations attorney in the Department of Law.
- (d) A change in the form, format, or title in a future amended or revised version of a document or material incorporated
by reference in a regulation under this section does not affect the validity of the regulation or the state agency's
ability to enforce or implement the regulation. The state agency shall notify the regulations attorney in the
Department of Law if the title of the document or other material changes. The regulations attorney shall correct the
title in the Alaska Administrative Code under AS 44.62.125
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.