- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 62. Administrative Procedure Act
- Section 190. Notice of Proposed Action.
previous: Section 180
. Effective Date.
next: Section 195
. Fiscal Notes On Regulations.
AS 44.62.190. Notice of Proposed Action.
- (a) At least 30 days before the adoption, amendment, or repeal of a regulation, notice of the proposed action shall be
- (1) published in the newspaper of general circulation or trade or industry publication that the state agency prescribes
and posted on the Alaska Online Public Notice System; in the discretion of the state agency giving the notice, the
requirement of publication in a newspaper or trade or industry publication may be satisfied by using a combination of
publication and broadcasting; when broadcasting the notice, an agency may use an abbreviated form of the notice if the
broadcast provides the name and date of the newspaper or trade or industry journal and the Internet address of the
Alaska Online Public Notice System where the full text of the notice can be found;
- (2) furnished to every person who has filed a request for notice of proposed action with the state agency;
- (3) if the agency is within a department, furnished to the commissioner of the department;
- (4) when appropriate in the judgment of the agency,
- (A) furnished to a person or group of persons whom the agency believes is interested in the proposed action; and
- (B) published in the additional form and manner the state agency prescribes;
- (5) furnished to the Department of Law together with a copy of the proposed regulation, amendment, or order of repeal for
the department's use in preparing the opinion required after adoption and before filing by AS 44.62.060
- (6) furnished by electronic format, if the state agency has the technological capability, to all incumbent State of Alaska
legislators, and furnished to the Legislative Affairs Agency; if the state agency does not have the technological
capability to furnish the notice by electronic format to the legislators, the state agency shall furnish the notice to
the legislators by other means;
- (7) furnished by electronic format, along with a copy of the proposed regulation, amendment, or order of repeal, as
required by AS 24.20.105(c).
- (b) If the form or manner of notice is prescribed by statute, in addition to the requirements of filing and furnishing
notice under AS 44.62.010 - 44.62.300, or in addition to the requirements of filing
and mailing notice under other sections of this chapter, the notice shall be published, posted, mailed, filed, or
otherwise publicized as prescribed by the statute.
- (c) The failure to furnish notice to a person as provided in this section does not invalidate an action taken by an agency
under AS 44.62.180 - 44.62.290.
- (d) Along with a notice furnished under (a)(2), (4)(A), or (6) of this section, the state agency shall include the reason
for the proposed action, the initial cost to the state agency of implementation, the estimated annual costs to the
state agency of implementation, the name of the contact person for the state agency, and the origin of the proposed
- (e) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, if a person who is to receive a notice under (a) of this section requests that
the state agency mail the notice, the state agency shall furnish the notice to the person by mail.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.