- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 50. Notaries Public
- Section 200. Definitions.
previous: Section 190
. Savings Clause. [Repealed, Sec. 14 Ch 60 SLA 2005].
next: Chapter 53
. Foreign Commissioners For Acknowledgments
AS 44.50.200. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "convicted" or "conviction" means that the person has entered a plea of guilty, guilty but mentally ill, or
nolo contendere, or has been found guilty or guilty but mentally ill by a court or jury;
- (2) "notarial act" means an act that is identified as a notarial act under AS 09.63.120 and an act that a notary public is directed to perform under AS 44.50.060 ;
- (3) "notary public" means a person commissioned to perform notarial acts under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.