- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 50. Notaries Public
- Section 180. Postmasters as Notaries.
previous: Section 170
. State Employees as Notaries. [Repealed, Sec. 14 Ch 60 SLA 2005].
next: Section 190
. Savings Clause. [Repealed, Sec. 14 Ch 60 SLA 2005].
AS 44.50.180. Postmasters as Notaries.
- (a) Each postmaster in the state may perform the functions of a notary public in the state.
- (b) Each official act of a postmaster as a notary public shall be signed by the postmaster, with a designation of the
person's title as postmaster, shall have the cancellation stamp of the post office affixed, and shall state the name of
the post office and the date on which the act was done.
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 14 ch 60 SLA 2005].
- (d) Nothing in this chapter requires a postmaster to post a bond or to have a commission.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.