- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 50. Notaries Public
- Section 65. Seal Impression or Depiction.
previous: Section 64
. Official Seal.
next: Section 66
. Notary Public's Status Notification.
AS 44.50.065. Seal Impression or Depiction.
- (a) With regard to each paper document being notarized, a sharp, legible, photographically reproducible
impression or depiction of a notary public's official seal shall be affixed
- (1) on the notarial certificate near the notary public's official signature; and
- (2) only at the time the notarial act is performed.
- (b) For a notarized paper document, illegible information within a seal impression or depiction may be typed or
printed legibly by the notary public adjacent to, but not within, the impression or depiction.
- (c) An embossed seal impression that is not photographically reproducible may be used in addition to, but not in
place of, the seal impression or depiction required by (a) of this section.
- (d) A notary public may use a seal in electronic form on electronic documents notarized by the notary public as
authorized by regulations adopted by the lieutenant governor. The seal shall be affixed only at the time the notarial act is performed.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.