- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 50. Notaries Public
- Section 61. Unauthorized Practice.
previous: Section 60
next: Section 62
. Prohibited Acts.
AS 44.50.061. Unauthorized Practice.
- (a) A notary public who is not an attorney may complete but may not select notarial certificates, and may not
assist another person in drafting, completing, selecting, or understanding a document or transaction requiring a notarial act.
- (b) This section does not prohibit a notary public who is qualified in and, if required, licensed to practice, a
particular profession from giving advice relating to matters in that professional field.
- (c) A notary public may not make representations to have powers, qualifications, rights, or privileges that the
office of notary public does not have.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.