- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 50. Notaries Public
- Section 36. Denial of Applications.
previous: Section 35
next: Section 37
. Certificate of Commission.
AS 44.50.036. Denial of Applications.
The lieutenant governor shall deny an application for a notary public commission if the
- (1) applicant does not meet the requirements of this chapter;
- (2) application is not complete or contains a material misstatement or omission of fact relating to the
requirements for a commission under this chapter;
- (3) applicant has, within 10 years before the commission is to take effect, been convicted of a felony or
incarcerated in a correctional facility for a felony conviction; or
- (4) applicant's commission as a notary public has been revoked, within 10 years before the commission is to take
- (A) this state for a reason stated in
- (i) AS 44.50.068 (a)(2) or (4);
- (ii) AS 44.50.068 (a)(3), unless the person has reestablished residency in this
state under AS 01.10.055 before the person submits the application; or
- (B) another jurisdiction for a reason substantially similar to AS 44.50.068(a)(2) or (4).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.