- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 50. Notaries Public
- Section 20. Qualifications.
previous: Section 10
. Notary Public Commission; Term.
next: Section 30
. Term of Office. [Repealed, Sec. 14 Ch 60 SLA 2005].
AS 44.50.020. Qualifications.
To be commissioned as a notary public, a person
- (1) shall submit an application under AS 44.50.032 ;
- (2) shall be at least 18 years of age;
- (3) shall have established residency in this state under AS 01.10.055;
- (4) shall reside legally in the United States;
- (5) may not, within 10 years before the commission takes effect, have been convicted of a felony or incarcerated
in a correctional facility for a felony conviction;
- (6) may not, within 10 years before the commission takes effect,
- (A) have had the person's notary public commission revoked under AS 44.50.068(a)(2) or (4) or under the notary public laws of another
jurisdiction for a substantially similar reason;
- (B) have had the person's notary public commission revoked under AS 44.50.068(a)(3), unless the person has reestablished residency in this state
under AS 01.10.055 before the person submits the application;
- (C) have been disciplined under AS 44.50.068 if, at the time the person applies for a notary public
commission under this chapter, the disciplinary action prohibits the person from holding a notary public commission; or
- (D) have been disciplined under the notary public laws of another jurisdiction if, at the time the person
applies for a notary public commission under this chapter, the disciplinary action prohibits the person from holding a notary public
- (7) shall meet the other requirements in this chapter to be commissioned as a notary public.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.