- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 41. Department of Public Safety
- Section 20. Powers and Duties of Department.
previous: Section 10
. Commissioner of Public Safety.
next: Section 21
. Grant Authority.
AS 44.41.020. Powers and Duties of Department.
- (a) The Department of Public Safety shall administer functions relative to the protection of life and property, including
functions relating to transfer of a firearm. The department may enter into agreements with nonprofit organizations and
federal and local government agencies to train personnel of those agencies in the protection of life and property. The
department may charge a reasonable fee for services provided under a training agreement or for services relating to
transfer of a firearm.
- (b) The department may enter into agreements with federal and local government agencies to provide a statewide criminal
justice information system. Reasonable fees may be charged by the department to cover the costs of providing services
under these agreements, including maintenance of terminal hardware and network connect charges.
- (c) The department shall establish, and may require state and local law enforcement agencies to use, standardized methods
of collecting and recording law enforcement and crime statistics.
- (d) The Department of Public Safety may operate state housing in support of the department's statutory responsibilities
and charge rent consistent with applicable collective bargaining agreements, or, if no collective bargaining agreement
is applicable, competitive with market conditions.
- (e) The Department of Public Safety shall supply necessary clerical and administrative services for the Alcoholic Beverage
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.