- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 35. Department of Military and Veterans' Affairs
- Section 130. Composition.
previous: Section 120
next: Section 140
. Compensation, Per Diem, and Expenses.
AS 44.35.130. Composition.
- (a) The council consists of 13 members who are appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the governor. The council shall
include one or more persons from a veterans organization, one or more persons from a state agency that manages programs
affecting veterans, and one or more persons from the general public who are familiar with veterans' issues.
- (b) Members of the council who are not state officers or employees are appointed for staggered three-year terms and serve
until a successor is appointed. A member appointed to fill a vacancy on the council serves for the remainder of the
unexpired term of the member whose vacancy is being filled.
- (c) The council shall elect a chair from among its members who are not state officers or employees.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.