- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 35. Department of Military and Veterans' Affairs
- Section 20. Duties and Powers of Department.
previous: Section 10
. Adjutant General.
next: Section 30
. Construction of Memorials to Alaska Veterans.
AS 44.35.020. Duties and Powers of Department.
- (a) The Department of Military and Veterans' Affairs shall
- (1) conduct the military affairs of the state as prescribed by the Military Code;
- (2) cooperate with the federal government in matters of mutual concern pertaining to the welfare of Alaskan veterans,
including establishing, extending, or strengthening services for veterans in the state; and
- (3) annually, not later than February 1, make available a report to the legislature, through the governor, outlining the
department's activities during the previous calendar year; the department shall notify the legislature that the report
- (b) The Department of Military and Veterans' Affairs may administer training and pre-employment training programs.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.