- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 33. Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development
- Section 846. Contracts.
previous: Section 844
next: Section 849
AS 44.33.846. Contracts.
- (a) The commissioner shall contract for a study of the feasibility of establishing a borough in the unorganized borough by
following the procedures under AS 36.30 (State Procurement Code).
The commissioner shall include terms in the contract that provide for
- (1) public participation in the preparation of the study;
- (2) completion of the study not later than June 30 of the third year after the year the contract is executed.
- (b) A study under this section must include
- (1) a recommendation for or against incorporation of a borough containing all or part of the area studied;
- (2) an evaluation of the economic development potential of the area studied;
- (3) an evaluation of capital facility needs of the area studied;
- (4) an evaluation of demographic, social, and environmental factors affecting the area studied;
- (5) an evaluation of the relationships among regional educational attendance areas, coastal resource service areas, and
other regional entities responsible for providing services in the area studied;
- (6) an evaluation of the relationships between the existing cities within the area studied and regional entities
responsible for providing services in the area; and
- (7) specific recommendations for
- (A) organization of a home rule or general law borough government if one is recommended;
- (B) changes in organization of cities in the area studied; or
- (C) the improvement of the delivery of services to the public by the state in the area studied.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.