- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 33. Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development
- Section 760. Loan Information Officers.
previous: Section 755
. Land Conveyed in Trust.
next: Section 765
. - 44.33.775l Rural Development Initiative Fund; Rural Development Loans; Disposal of Property Acquired By Default or Foreclosure. [Repealed, Sec. 15 Ch 117 SLA 2000].
AS 44.33.760. Loan Information Officers.
- (a) The department may provide itinerant loan information officers to serve persons who reside outside the major
population centers of the state.
- (b) The loan information officers shall be trained, to the extent that the department considers necessary, in a program
administered by the department and approved by the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation, the Alaska Industrial
Development and Export Authority, and the principal departments of the executive branch that administer loan programs.
- (c) A majority of the loan information officers shall be persons who are conversant in Alaska Native languages that are
spoken by a significant number of Alaska Natives. The department shall provide brochures and other printed materials,
written in easily understandable English and in the Alaska Native languages that are spoken by a significant number of
Alaska Natives, for distribution by the loan information officers. The brochures and printed materials must explain the
purposes of the various state loan programs, the minimum qualifications under the programs, the method for obtaining
assistance in the completion of applications for the programs, and other information the department determines will
improve the access of persons in rural areas to the state's loan programs.
- (d) The department shall coordinate its efforts under this section with local financial institutions and community groups
to determine the proper itinerary and travel schedule of the loan information officers and to provide adequate notice
to persons in rural areas of the itinerary and travel schedule of the loan information officers.
- (e) The department shall assign the loan information officers to rural areas based on the current and potential future
demands for loans in those areas and shall establish offices for the loan information officers in rural areas if the
department determines it is necessary to provide familiarity with the area served by the loan information officers and
to reduce travel costs.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.