- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 33. Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development
- Section 501. Program of Competitions.
previous: Section 450
. - 44.33.500l Alaska Agricultural Action Council. [Repealed, Sec. 4 Ch 75 SLA 1979].
next: Section 502
. Regional Competitions.
AS 44.33.501. Program of Competitions.
- (a) The Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development shall direct a continuing program of competitions. The
competitions shall be held each summer to select outstanding examples of Alaskan Native arts and crafts.
- (b) The Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development, after consulting with a committee from the Alaska
Native Brotherhood and Sisterhood appointed by their councils from among the memberships of those organizations, shall
adopt regulations for the competitions, providing for, but not limited to the following:
- (1) eligibility requirements for entrants;
- (2) categories for entry, such as basketwork, wood carving, pottery, stone work, ivory work, painting, etc.;
- (3) criterion for selecting category winners and grand prize winners;
- (4) transportation and display of entries;
- (5) prizes and awards for winning entrants which are restricted to ribbons, cups, plaques, etc.;
- (6) preparation of entry forms that
- (A) give the name and mailing address of the entrant,
- (B) show that each entry is the work of the entrant,
- (C) give the minimum price that the entrant will accept for the entry,
- (D) provide the entrant with a choice of having the entry sold, retained for display by the state, or returned to the
- (E) identify and describe the entry; and
- (7) restricting the entrant from entering competitions in more than one region.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.