- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 33. Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development
- Section 113. Charges For Community Development Quota Program.
previous: Section 112
. Fees For Publications, Research Data, and Other Services.
next: Section 115
. Exxon Valdez Oil Spill Unincorporated Rural Community Grant Fund.
AS 44.33.113. Charges For Community Development Quota Program.
- (a) If the governor delegates duties as described in AS 44.33.020(a)(11) to the department, the department shall
determine and assess an annual administrative cost charge for the administration of the state's role in the federal
community development quota program. The department shall by regulation establish the method for implementing the
charge in accordance with the provisions of this section. The department shall assess the charges on community
development quota groups with approved community development plans for the fiscal year for which the charge is
applicable. The community development quota group shall pay the charge.
- (b) The administrative cost charge under this section for a CDQ group shall be determined by the department no later than
the June 30 immediately preceding the start of the applicable fiscal year. The department shall promptly notify the CDQ
group of the amount of the charge. The CDQ group shall pay the charge no later than 45 days after the department
provides notice to the CDQ group of the amount of the charge.
- (c) The aggregate total of administrative cost charges to all CDQ groups for a fiscal year shall approximately equal, but
may not exceed, the appropriations authorized for that fiscal year for the state's role under AS 44.33.020
- (1) appropriations from sources of program receipts under AS 37.05.146(b) and (c) not collected under this section;
- (2) any reappropriations of charges collected under this section.
- (d) Fifty percent of the aggregate total of administrative cost charges assessed on all CDQ groups for a fiscal year shall
be recovered through the standard portion of the charges and 50 percent of the aggregate total shall be recovered
through the variable portion of the charges. The administrative cost charge assessed on a CDQ group for a fiscal year
shall consist of a standard portion and a variable portion. The CDQ group's standard portion is calculated by dividing
the aggregate total amount to be recovered through this portion by the number of CDQ groups to be assessed a charge.
The CDQ group's variable portion is calculated by multiplying the aggregate total amount to be recovered through this
portion by a percentage that represents the ratio of the value of the CDQ group's fisheries resource quota allocation
to the total value of fisheries resources allocated under the CDQ program for the applicable year.
- (e) Notwithstanding any contrary provision of this section, the department may adjust the variable portion of the
administrative cost charge for a fiscal year to one or more CDQ groups if the department finds that an inequitable
result will occur absent the adjustment, but the aggregate total of the charges to be paid by all CDQ groups after the
adjustment must equal the amount originally calculated for that fiscal year under (c) of this section.
- (f) The department may not assess or collect administrative charges under this section from new CDQ groups representing
communities that are not eligible for the CDQ program on June 30, 2000, for a period of two years from the actual award
of a fisheries quota to that newly formed CDQ group.
- (g) The department shall collect and enforce the administrative cost charge assessed under this section. The receipts from
the charge assessed under this section shall be deposited in the community development quota program account in the
state treasury. Under AS 37.05.146(c), receipts from
charges collected under this section shall be accounted for separately, and appropriations from the account are not
made from the unrestricted general fund. The legislature may appropriate money from the community development quota
program account for expenditures by the department for necessary costs incurred by the department in implementing any
assigned role under AS 44.33.020
(a)(11) or for any other public purpose.
- (h) The Department of Administration shall identify the amount of the appropriations for the state's role under AS 44.33.020
(a)(11) that lapses into the general fund each year. The legislature may appropriate an amount equal to the lapsed
amount to the community development quota program for its operating costs for the next fiscal year.
- (i) The department may adopt regulations under AS 44.62
(Administrative Procedure Act) to interpret or implement its duties under this section.
- (j) In this section,
- (1) "CDQ group" or "community development quota group" means an applicant under 16 U.S.C. 1855(i), or a successor program,
with an approved community development plan;
- (2) "CDQ program" or "community development quota program" means the federal community development quota program
established under 16 U.S.C. 1855(i), or a successor federal program approved by the United States Secretary of
- (3) "fiscal year" has the meaning given in AS 37.05.920
- (4) "value" has the meaning given in AS 43.75.290
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.