- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 19. Office of the Governor
- Section 608. Purpose and Powers Relating to Women's Issues.
previous: Section 606
next: Section 610
. Duties Relating to Children's Issues.
AS 44.19.608. Purpose and Powers Relating to Women's Issues.
- (a) A purpose of the commission is to improve the status of women in the state by conducting research, by serving as a
referral service for information and education that will help women avail themselves of existing resources to meet
their needs, and by making and implementing recommendations on the opportunities, needs, problems, and contributions of
women in the state including
- (1) education;
- (2) homemaking;
- (3) civil and legal rights; and
- (4) labor and employment.
- (b) To accomplish this purpose, the commission may
- (1) act as a clearinghouse and coordinating body for government and nongovernment information relating to the status of
- (2) cooperate with public and private agencies in joint efforts to study and resolve problems relating to the status of
women in Alaska;
- (3) accumulate and compile information concerning discrimination against women;
- (4) disseminate the results of research and compilation of data acquired under (3) of this subsection by publication and
other methods such as public hearings, conferences, and seminars;
- (5) study and analyze all facts relating to Alaska laws, regulations, and guidelines with respect to equal protection for
women under the state constitution;
- (6) recommend legislative and administrative action on equal treatment and opportunities for women;
- (7) encourage women to utilize their capabilities and to assume leadership roles;
- (8) encourage the development of regional and municipal women's councils or commissions.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.