- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 12. Holidays, Agency Office Hours, and Official Language
- Section 360. Non-Denial of Employment or Services.
previous: Section 350
. Public Accountability.
next: Section 370
. Private Sector Excluded.
AS 44.12.360. Non-Denial of Employment or Services.
- (a) No governmental entity shall require knowledge of a language other than English as a condition of employment unless
the requirements of the position fall within one of the exceptions provided in AS 44.12.340, and facility in another language is a bona
fide job qualification required to fulfill a function included within one of the exceptions.
- (b) No person may be denied services, assistance, benefits, or facilities, directly or indirectly provided by the
government, because that person communicates only in English.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.