- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 9. State Seal, Flag, and Emblems
- Section 90. State Medal For Heroism.
previous: Section 85
. State Sport.
next: Section 100
. State Gem.
AS 44.09.090. State Medal For Heroism.
- (a) The governor is authorized to award a state medal for heroism directly or posthumously to any citizen of the state in
recognition of a valorous and heroic deed performed in the saving of a life or for injury or death or threat of injury
or death incurred in the service of the state or the citizen's community or on behalf of the health, welfare, or safety
of other persons. The medal shall be awarded by the governor with an appropriate ceremony.
- (b) The governor shall make arrangements for the designing of the medal for heroism through a statewide design competition
participated in by the school children of the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.