- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 9. State Seal, Flag, and Emblems
- Section 17. Commemorative Gold and Silver Medallions.
previous: Section 15
. Use of Seal Without Permission Prohibited.
next: Section 20
. State Flag.
AS 44.09.017. Commemorative Gold and Silver Medallions.
- (a) The Department of Administration shall contract or otherwise arrange for the minting and sale of Alaska commemorative
medallions minted only from .999 fine gold and silver in weights determined by the commissioner of administration. Gold
and silver mined in Alaska shall be used in the production of the medallions. The state shall receive a royalty from
the sale of the medallions. The amount of the royalty shall be determined by the commissioner of administration.
- (b) One side of the commemorative medallions minted under this section shall contain the state seal. The design for the
other side shall be determined in an annual contest conducted by the contractor under the supervision of the Department
of Administration. Only designs using an Alaska theme and submitted by an Alaska resident may be considered in the
contest. Payment for the winning design may not exceed $1,000.
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 35 ch 126 SLA 1994].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.