- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 82. Alaska Stranded Gas Development Act
- Section 445. Administrative Termination of a Contract.
previous: Section 440
. Judicial Review.
next: Section 500
. Obligation to Share Payments With Municipalities.
AS 43.82.445. Administrative Termination of a Contract.
- (a) The commissioner shall include terms in a contract developed under AS 43.82.020
that provide for administrative termination of a party's rights under the procedures and conditions set out in this
section if the party has
- (1) ceased to meet the requirements of AS 43.82.110
as a qualified sponsor or qualified sponsor group;
- (2) intentionally or fraudulently misrepresented, in whole or in part, material facts or circumstances upon which the
contract was made;
- (3) failed to comply with a condition or material term of the contract or a provision of this chapter; or
- (4) failed to comply with the approved qualified project plan or any updated project plan.
- (b) Before administrative termination of a contract under this section, the commissioner shall give notice to the parties
of the commissioner's intent to terminate the contract and an opportunity to be heard. The commissioner may also
provide the parties an opportunity to cure any deficiency that is the basis for the termination if the commissioner
determines that curing the deficiency is appropriate under the circumstances.
- (c) Notwithstanding (a) and (b) of this section, the commissioner may not administratively terminate a contract after the
party has committed full project funding except as provided in (e) of this section.
- (d) A party to a contract who is affected by the commissioner's action to terminate under (a) of this section may file an
appeal with the superior court under the Alaska Rules of Appellate Procedure.
- (e) The commissioner may provide terms and conditions in a contract developed under AS 43.82.020
upon which a party's rights under the contract may be administratively terminated after the party commits full project
Article 06. MUNICIPAL PARTICIPATION
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.