- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 76. Fisheries Taxes and Assessments
- Section 180. Termination of Dive Fishery Management Assessment.
previous: Section 170
. Amendment of Dive Fishery Management Assessment.
next: Section 190
. Collection of Assessment.
AS 43.76.180. Termination of Dive Fishery Management Assessment.
- (a) The dive fishery management assessment levied on a species of fishery resources under AS 43.76.150
(b), (c), (d), (e), (f), (g), or (h) shall be terminated by the commissioner of revenue upon majority vote at an
election held under AS 43.76.160
in the administrative area in which the dive fishery management assessment is levied.
- (b) The commissioner of revenue shall terminate a dive fishery management assessment under (a) of this section following
an election in an administrative area if
- (1) a petition, that is signed by at least 25 percent of the number of persons who voted under AS 43.76.160
in the most recent election approving or amending the dive fishery management assessment on the species of fishery
resources in the administrative area that are the subject of the petition, is presented to the commissioner of fish and
game requesting termination of the dive fishery management assessment on a species of fishery resources; only a person
who would be eligible to vote in an election to repeal the assessment may validly sign the petition;
- (2) an election is held in accordance with AS 43.76.160
; the ballot must ask the question whether the dive fishery management assessment on a species of fishery resources
taken in the administrative area shall be terminated; the ballot must be worded so that a "yes" vote is for
continuation of the dive fishery management assessment and a "no" vote is for termination of the dive fishery
- (3) a majority of the eligible interim-use permit and entry permit holders who vote in the election cast a ballot for the
termination of the dive fishery management assessment; in this paragraph, "eligible interim-use permit and entry permit
holders" has the meaning given in AS 43.76.160
- (4) the qualified regional dive fishery development association provides notice of the election in accordance with AS 43.76.160
within two months after receiving notice from the commissioner of fish and game that a valid petition under (1) of
this subsection has been received.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.