- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 56. Oil and Gas Exploration, Production, and Pipeline Transportation Property Taxes
- Section 130. Hearings of the Board.
previous: Section 120
. Appeal to the Board.
next: Section 135
AS 43.56.130. Hearings of the Board.
- (a) The board shall hear appeals filed under AS 43.56.120
- (b) A majority of the board constitutes a quorum required to transact business.
- (c) The board shall provide by regulation for notices of hearings to interested persons and municipalities.
- (d) If an appellant fails to appear at the hearing, the board may proceed with the hearing in the absence of the
- (e) The appellant bears the burden of proof at the hearing.
- (f) The only grounds for adjustment of assessed value is proof of unequal, excessive, or improper valuation or valuation
not determined in accordance with the standards set out in this chapter, based on facts stated in a written appeal
timely filed or proved at the hearing.
- (g) The board shall certify its determinations to the department within seven days of the hearing.
- (h) [Repealed, Sec. 5 ch 107 SLA 1976].
- (i) An owner or municipality may appeal to the superior court for, and is entitled to, trial de novo of the board's
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.