- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 55. Oil and Gas Production Tax and Oil Surcharge
- Section 110. Administration.
previous: Section 100
. Acceptance of Deductions. [Repealed, Sec. 15 Ch 101 SLA 1972].
next: Section 120
. - 43.55.130l Noncompliance and False Reports. [Repealed, Sec. 46 Ch 113 SLA 1980. For Criminal Penalties, See AS 43.05.290
AS 43.55.110. Administration.
- (a) The department may adopt regulations for the purpose of making and filing reports required by this chapter and
otherwise necessary to the enforcement of this chapter.
- (b) The department may require a sufficient bond from every person charged with the making and filing of reports and the
payment of the tax. The bond shall run to the state and shall be conditioned upon the making and filing of reports as
required by law, upon compliance with the regulations of the department, and for the prompt payment, by the principal
on the bond, of all taxes due the state by virtue of this chapter.
- (c) If reports required have not been filed, or are insufficient to furnish the information required by the department,
the department shall institute, in the name of the state upon relation of the department, the necessary action or
proceedings to enjoin the person from continuing operations until the reports are filed.
- (d) Upon showing that the state is in danger of losing its claims or the property is being mismanaged, dissipated or
concealed, a receiver shall be appointed at the suit of the state.
- (e) The department may require that returns, statements, reports, notifications, and applications filed under this chapter
be filed electronically in a form and manner approved or prescribed by the department.
- (f) The department may require that payments required under this chapter be made electronically in a form and manner
approved or prescribed by the department.
- (g) Notwithstanding AS 44.62, the department may issue, for the information and guidance of producers,
explorers, and other interested persons, advisory bulletins stating the department's interpretation of provisions of this chapter and of
regulations adopted under this chapter. Unless otherwise provided by the department by regulation, interpretations stated in the advisory
bulletins are not binding on the department or others.
- (h) Subject to legislative appropriation, the department may compensate a person who provides information to the
department about noncompliance with the provisions of this chapter by an explorer or a producer of oil or gas if that information leads
to the collection of additional taxes, penalties, or interest from the producer. The amount of compensation under this subsection may
not exceed the lesser of $500,000 or 10 percent of the additional tax, penalty, or interest collected as a result of the information. A
state employee or an agent of the state is not eligible for compensation under this subsection.
- (i) A person who, under (h) of this section, provides, in bad faith, to the department erroneous information about
noncompliance with the provisions of this chapter by an explorer or producer of oil or gas shall pay to the
- (1) department all expenses related to the department's investigation of the alleged noncompliance; and
- (2) explorer or producer about whom the noncompliance was alleged all expenses that are incurred by the
explorer or producer relating to the department's investigation of the alleged noncompliance.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.