- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 55. Oil and Gas Production Tax and Oil Surcharge
- Section 17. Relation to Other Taxes.
previous: Section 16
. Gas Production Tax. [Repealed, Sec. 34 Ch 2 TSSLA 2006].
next: Section 18
. Credit Against Tax. [Repealed, Sec. 18 Ch 116 SLA 1981].
AS 43.55.017. Relation to Other Taxes.
- (a) Except as provided in this chapter, the taxes imposed by this chapter are in place of all taxes now imposed by the
state or any of its municipalities, and neither the state nor a municipality may impose a tax on
- (1) producing oil or gas leases;
- (2) oil or gas produced or extracted in the state;
- (3) the value of intangible drilling and development costs, as described in 26 U.S.C. 263(c) (Internal
Revenue Code), as amended through January 1, 1974.
- (b) The taxes imposed by this chapter are in place of all taxes imposed by a municipality upon oil or gas in place or
nonproducing oil or gas leases or properties.
- (c) The taxes imposed by this chapter are not in place of the tax imposed by income taxes, franchise taxes, or taxes upon
the retail sale of oil or gas products.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.