- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 50. Tobacco Taxes and Sales
- Section 740. Sales at Price to Meet Competition.
previous: Section 730
. Sale to Another Wholesaler.
next: Section 750
. Contracts in Violation of Law Are Illegal.
AS 43.50.740. Sales at Price to Meet Competition.
- (a) A wholesaler may advertise, offer to sell, or sell cigarettes at a price made in good faith to meet the price of a
competitor who is rendering the same type of service and is selling the same article at cost to a competing wholesaler.
A retailer may advertise, offer to sell, or sell cigarettes at a price made in good faith to meet the price of a
competitor who is selling the same article at cost to a competing retailer.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 43 ch 1 FSSLA 2004].
- (c) A manufacturer whose product is sold in the state directly or through an intermediary shall provide the department
with a current price list for all brands of cigarettes of the manufacturer and shall notify the department at least 10
days before a price increase takes effect.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.