- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 50. Tobacco Taxes and Sales
- Section 510. Stamp Design; Manner of Affixing.
previous: Section 500
. Tax Payment By Use of Stamps.
next: Section 520
. Stamp Required Before Sale, Distribution, or Consumption.
AS 43.50.510. Stamp Design; Manner of Affixing.
- (a) The department shall design and furnish stamps of sizes and denominations as determined by the department.
- (b) Notwithstanding the packaging requirements of AS 43.70.075
(g)(1), a stamp required under AS 43.50.500
- 43.50.700 must be affixed
- (1) on the smallest package that will be handled, sold, used, consumed, or distributed in this state; and
- (2) in a denomination equal to the amount of tax due under this chapter on the cigarettes in the package.
- (c) A stamp required under AS 43.50.500
- 43.50.700 shall be affixed to the bottom of each
individual package of cigarettes in a manner so that the stamp cannot be removed from the package without being
mutilated or destroyed.
- (d) For purposes of this section, a stamp is considered affixed only if more than 80 percent of the stamp is attached to
the individual package in accordance with (c) of this section and regulations adopted by the department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.