- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 50. Tobacco Taxes and Sales
- Section 480. Reporting and Disclosure of Information; Escrow Installments.
previous: Section 475
. Agent For Service of Process.
next: Section 485
. Penalties and Other Remedies.
AS 43.50.480. Reporting and Disclosure of Information; Escrow Installments.
- (a) Not later than the end of the month following the month in which cigarettes were imported or sold in the state, each
licensee shall submit the information the commissioner requires to facilitate compliance with AS 43.50.460
- 43.50.495, including a list by brand family of the
total number of cigarettes or, in the case of roll-your-own cigarettes, the equivalent stick count for which the
licensee, during the previous calendar month, paid the tax due for the cigarettes. For a period of five years, the
licensee shall maintain and make available to the commissioner all invoices and documentation of sales of cigarettes of
all nonparticipating manufacturers and any other information relied upon in reporting to the commissioner.
- (b) The commissioner is authorized to disclose to the Department of Law any information received under this chapter and
requested by the Department of Law for purposes of determining compliance with and enforcing the provisions of this
chapter. The commissioner and the Department of Law shall share with each other the information received under this
chapter, and may share the information with other federal, state, or local agencies only for purposes of enforcement of
AS 43.50.460 - 43.50.495, AS 45.53, or corresponding laws of other states.
- (c) The commissioner or Department of Law may require at any time that the nonparticipating manufacturer provide proof
from the financial institution in which the manufacturer has established a qualified escrow fund for the purpose of
compliance with AS 45.53 of the amount of money in the fund being
held on behalf of the state and the dates of deposits, and listing the amounts of all withdrawals from the fund and the
dates of withdrawals.
- (d) In addition to the information required to be submitted under (a) of this section, the commissioner or the Department
of Law may require a licensee or tobacco product manufacturer to submit any additional information, including samples
of the packaging or labeling of each brand family, necessary to enable the commissioner or the Department of Law to
determine whether a tobacco product manufacturer is in compliance with AS 43.50.460
- (e) To promote compliance with the provisions of AS 43.50.460
- 43.50.495, the commissioner may adopt regulations
requiring a tobacco product manufacturer subject to the requirements of AS 43.50.460
to make the escrow deposits required in quarterly installments during the year in which the sales covered by the
deposits are made. The commissioner may require production of information sufficient to determine the adequacy of the
amount of the installment deposit.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.