- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 50. Tobacco Taxes and Sales
- Section 465. Directory of Cigarettes Approved For Sale and Importation.
previous: Section 460
. Tobacco Product Manufacturer Certifications.
next: Section 470
. Prohibition Against Sale or Importation of Cigarettes Not in the Directory.
AS 43.50.465. Directory of Cigarettes Approved For Sale and Importation.
Not later than July 30 of each year, the commissioner shall develop and make available for public inspection a
directory listing all tobacco product manufacturers that have provided current and accurate certifications conforming
to the requirements of AS 43.50.460
and all brand families that are listed in those certifications, except as follows:
- (1) the commissioner may not include or retain in the directory the name or brand families of any nonparticipating
manufacturer that fails to provide the required certification or whose certification the commissioner determines is not
in compliance with AS 43.50.460
, unless the commissioner has determined that the violation has been cured to the satisfaction of the commissioner;
- (2) neither a tobacco product manufacturer nor brand family shall be included or retained in the directory if the
commissioner concludes that
- (A) for a nonparticipating manufacturer, all escrow payments required under AS 45.53 for any period for any brand family, regardless of whether
listed by the nonparticipating manufacturer, have not been fully paid into a qualified escrow fund governed by a
qualified escrow agreement that has been approved by the Department of Law; or
- (B) all outstanding final judgments, including interest on those judgments, for violations of AS 45.53 have not been fully satisfied for the brand family and the
- (3) the commissioner shall update the directory as necessary in order to correct mistakes and to add or remove a tobacco
product manufacturer or brand families to keep the directory in conformity with the requirements of AS 43.50.460
- (4) every licensee shall provide to the commissioner, and update as necessary, an electronic mail address for the purpose
of receiving any notifications that may be required by AS 43.50.460
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.