- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 31. Estate Tax Law of Alaska
- Section 61. Appointment, Bonds and Credentials of Agents.
previous: Section 51
. Examination of Books, Papers, Records, Etc.
next: Section 71
AS 43.31.061. Appointment, Bonds and Credentials of Agents.
- (a) The department may appoint and remove examiners and appraisers it considers necessary, these persons to have those
duties and powers the department prescribes. The compensation of these examiners and appraisers shall be as the
department prescribes, and they shall be reimbursed for travel expenses as provided for state employees.
- (b) The department may require the examiners, appraisers, and employees as it designates to give bond payable to the state
for the faithful performance of their duties in that form and with those sureties as it determines, and all premiums on
these bonds shall be paid by the state.
- (c) All officers empowered by law to administer oaths or employees, examiners, and appraisers appointed by the department
may administer an oath to persons giving testimony before them or to take the acknowledgment of a person in respect to
the returns or reports required under this chapter.
- (d) All employees, examiners, and appraisers appointed by the department shall have for identification purposes proper
credentials issued by the department and exhibit them upon demand.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.