- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 23. Permanent Fund Dividends
- Section 28. Public Notice.
previous: Section 25
. Amount of Dividend.
next: Section 30
. Amount of Dividend. [Repealed, Sec. 22 Ch 102 SLA 1982].
AS 43.23.028. Public Notice.
- (a) By October 1 of each year, the commissioner shall give public notice of the value of
each permanent fund dividend for that year and notice of the information required to be disclosed under (3) of this
subsection. In addition, the stub attached to each individual dividend disbursement advice must
- (1) disclose the amount of each dividend attributable to income earned by the permanent fund from deposits to that fund
required under art. IX, sec. 15, Constitution of the State of Alaska;
- (2) disclose the amount of each dividend attributable to income earned by the permanent fund from appropriations to that
fund and from amounts added to that fund to offset the effects of inflation;
- (3) disclose the amount by which each dividend has been reduced due to each appropriation from the dividend fund,
including amounts to pay the costs of administering the dividend program and the hold harmless provisions of AS 43.23.075
- (4) include a statement that an individual is not eligible for a dividend when
- (A) during the qualifying year, the individual was convicted of a felony;
- (B) during all or part of the qualifying year, the individual was incarcerated as a result of the conviction of a
- (i) felony; or
- (ii) misdemeanor if the individual has been convicted of a prior felony or two or more prior misdemeanors;
- (5) include a statement that the legislative purpose for making individuals listed under (4) of this subsection ineligible
- (A) obtain reimbursement for some of the costs imposed on the state criminal justice system related to incarceration or
probation of those individuals;
- (B) provide funds for services for and payments to crime victims and for grants for the operation of domestic violence and
sexual assault programs;
- (6) disclose the total amount that would have been paid during the previous fiscal year to individuals who were ineligible
to receive dividends under AS 43.23.005
(d) if they had been eligible;
- (7) disclose the total amount appropriated for the current fiscal year under (b) of this section for each of the funds and
agencies listed in (b) of this section.
- (b) To the extent that amounts appropriated for a fiscal year do not exceed the total amount that would have been paid
during the previous fiscal year to individuals who were ineligible to receive dividends under AS 43.23.005
(d) if they had been eligible, the notice requirements of (a)(3) of this section do not apply to appropriations from
the dividend fund to
- (1) the crime victim compensation fund established under AS 18.67.162
for payments to crime victims;
- (2) the council on domestic violence and sexual assault established under AS 18.66.010
for grants for the operation of domestic violence and sexual assault programs;
- (3) the Department of Corrections for incarceration and probation programs;
- (4) the office of victims' rights; or
- (5) nonprofit victims' rights organizations for grants for services to crime victims.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.