- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Net Income Tax Act
- Section 21. Internal Revenue Code Adopted By Reference.
previous: Section 20
. Exemptions. [Repealed, Sec. 13 Ch 70 SLA 1975].
next: Section 30
. Returns and Payment of Taxes.
AS 43.20.021. Internal Revenue Code Adopted By Reference.
- (a) Sections 26 U.S.C. 1 - 1399 and 6001 - 7872 (Internal Revenue Code), as amended, are adopted by reference as a part of
this chapter. These portions of the Internal Revenue Code have full force and effect under this chapter unless excepted
to or modified by other provisions of this chapter.
- (b) For purposes of calculating the federal tax payable on personal holding companies provided for in the provisions of 26
U.S.C. 541 (Internal Revenue Code), the rate is 12.6 percent.
- (c) For purposes of calculating the alternative tax on capital gains provided for in the provisions of 26 U.S.C. 1201
(Internal Revenue Code), the rate is 4.5 percent for corporations.
- (d) Where a credit allowed under the Internal Revenue Code is also allowed in computing Alaska income tax, it is limited
to 18 percent for corporations of the amount of credit determined for federal income tax purposes which is attributable
to Alaska. This limitation does not apply to a special industrial incentive tax credit under AS 43.20.042
- (e) [Repealed, Sec. 10 ch 1 SSSLA 1980].
- (f) For the purpose of calculating the alternative minimum tax on tax preferences provided for in 26 U.S.C. 55 - 59
(Internal Revenue Code), the tax is 18 percent for corporations of the applicable alternative minimum federal tax.
- (g) For purposes of calculating the accumulated earnings tax as provided in 26 U.S.C. 531 (Internal Revenue Code), the
rate is 4.95 percent of the first $100,000 of accumulated taxable income and 6.93 percent of accumulated taxable income
in excess of $100,000.
- (h) Nothing in this chapter or in AS 43.19 (Multistate Tax Compact) may be construed as an exception to or modification of
26 U.S.C. 883.
- (i) The provision in (h) of this section does not apply to commercial passenger vessels as defined in AS 43.52.295 .
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.