- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 5. Administration of Revenue Laws
- Section 280. Interest On Overpayments.
previous: Section 275
. Credit and Refund Claims.
next: Section 290
. Criminal Penalties.
AS 43.05.280. Interest On Overpayments.
- (a) Interest shall be allowed and paid on an overpayment of a tax under this title at the rate and in the manner provided
in AS 43.05.225(1).
- (b) Interest shall be allowed and paid as follows:
- (1) in the case of a credit, from the date of the overpayment to the due date of the amount against which the credit is
- (2) in the case of a refund, from the date of the overpayment to a date, as determined by the department, preceding the
date of the refund check by not more than 30 days, whether or not the refund check is accepted by the taxpayer after
tender of the check to the taxpayer; the acceptance of the refund check does not affect the right of the taxpayer to
claim an additional overpayment and interest on the overpayment.
- (c) If an overpayment of a tax imposed by this title is refunded within 90 days after the last date prescribed for filing
the return of the tax, determined without regard to an extension of time for filing the return, or if the return is
filed after the last filing date and the overpayment is refunded within 90 days after the date the return is filed,
interest may not be allowed under (a) of this section on that overpayment.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.