- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 5. Administration of Revenue Laws
- Section 270. Collection After Assessment.
previous: Section 260
. Limitation On Assessment.
next: Section 275
. Credit and Refund Claims.
AS 43.05.270. Collection After Assessment.
- (a) When the assessment of a tax imposed by this title has been made within the period of limitation under AS 43.05.260
, the tax may be collected by levy or by a proceeding in court, but only if the levy is made or the proceeding is
- (1) within six years after the assessment of the tax; or
- (2) before the expiration of a period for collection agreed upon in writing by the department and the taxpayer before the
expiration of the six-year period; a period agreed upon may be extended by subsequent agreements in writing made before
the expiration of the period previously agreed upon; the period provided by this paragraph during which a tax may be
collected by levy may not be extended or curtailed because of a judgment against the taxpayer.
- (b) The date on which a levy on property or right to property is made is the date on which the notice of seizure is given.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.