- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 5. Administration of Revenue Laws
- Section 70. Compromise of Tax or Penalty.
previous: Section 60
. Agreements With Department Respecting Liability.
next: Section 75
. Concealing or Falsifying Evidence.
AS 43.05.070. Compromise of Tax or Penalty.
- (a) If in the opinion of the department there is doubt as to the liability of the taxpayer for or the collectibility of a
tax, license fee, or excise tax, the department, with the approval of the attorney general, may compromise the tax.
- (b) The department, with the approval of the attorney general, may, for cause shown, compromise a penalty accruing under
the state tax, license, or excise tax laws.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.