- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 5. Administration of Revenue Laws
- Section 10. Duties of Commissioner.
previous: Chapter 5
. Administration of Revenue Laws
next: Section 20
. Collection Agencies.
AS 43.05.010. Duties of Commissioner.
The commissioner of revenue shall
- (1) exercise general supervision and direct the activities of the Department of Revenue;
- (2) supervise the fiscal affairs and responsibilities of the department;
- (3) prescribe uniform rules for investigations and hearings;
- (4) keep a record of all departmental proceedings, record and file all bonds, and assume custody of returns, reports,
papers, and documents of the department;
- (5) adopt a seal and affix it to each order, process, or certificate issued by the commissioner;
- (6) keep a record of each order, process, and certificate issued by the commissioner, and keep the record open to public
inspection at all reasonable times;
- (7) hold hearings and investigations necessary for the administration of state tax and revenue laws;
- (8) except as provided in AS 43.05.405
- 43.05.499 and in AS 44.64.030, hear and determine appeals of a matter within
the jurisdiction of the Department of Revenue and enter orders on the appeals that are final unless reversed or
modified by the courts;
- (9) issue subpoenas to require the attendance of witnesses and the production of necessary books, papers, documents,
correspondence, and other things;
- (10) order the taking of depositions before a person competent to administer oaths;
- (11) administer oaths and take acknowledgments;
- (12) request the attorney general for rulings on the interpretation of the tax and revenue laws administered by the
- (13) call upon the attorney general to institute actions for recovery of unpaid taxes, fees, excises, additions to tax,
penalties, and interest;
- (14) issue warrants for the collection of unpaid tax penalties and interest and take all steps necessary and proper to
enforce full and complete compliance with the tax, license, excise, and other revenue laws of the state;
- (15) [Repealed, Sec. 8 ch 92 SLA 2003].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.