- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 14. Rivers, Lakes, and Streams
- Section 850. Hatchery Required.
previous: Section 840
. Fishway Required.
next: Section 860
. Penalty For Violating Fishway and Hatchery Requirements.
AS 41.14.850. Hatchery Required.
If a fishway over a dam or obstruction is considered impracticable by the deputy commissioner because of cost, the
owner of the dam or obstruction, in order to compensate for the loss resulting from the dam or obstruction shall, at
the owner's option
- (1) pay a lump sum acceptable to the deputy commissioner to the state fish and game fund;
- (2) convey to the state a site of a size satisfactory to the deputy commissioner at a place mutually satisfactory to both
parties, and erect on it a fish hatchery, rearing ponds, necessary buildings, and other facilities according to plans
and specifications furnished by the commissioner of fish and game, and give a good and sufficient bond to furnish
water, lights, and necessary money to operate and maintain the hatchery and rearing ponds; or
- (3) enter into an agreement with the deputy commissioner, secured by good and sufficient bond, to pay to the fish and game
fund the initial amount of money and annual payments thereafter that the commissioner of fish and game considers
necessary to expand, maintain, and operate additional facilities at existing hatcheries within a reasonable distance of
the dam or obstruction.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.