- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 10. Soil and Water Conservation
- Section 130. Creation and Boundaries of Soil and Water Conservation Districts.
previous: Section 120
. Approval of Land User.
next: Section 140
AS 41.10.130. Creation and Boundaries of Soil and Water Conservation Districts.
- (a) The commissioner may, on the recommendation of the board, create soil and water conservation districts in the state
upon petition signed by 25 or more land users setting out the proposed boundaries of the proposed district. The
commissioner shall fix a time for and give notice of a public hearing based on the petition at a convenient location or
locations within the boundaries of the proposed district. The commissioner may fix the boundaries of the district
created, supervise the election of, prescribe the duties of, and install a governing body of five land users to be
known as district supervisors for each district created, and delegate to the district supervisors powers as the
commissioner considers necessary to accomplish the purposes of this chapter within the district boundaries.
- (b) The area of the state that is not located within a district organized under (a) of this section shall be governed by
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.