- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 10. Soil and Water Conservation
- Section 100. Duties of Board.
previous: Section 90
. Compensation and Per Diem.
next: Section 110
. Powers of Commissioner.
AS 41.10.100. Duties of Board.
- (a) At the request of the commissioner, the board shall meet and advise the commissioner in the exercise of the powers,
duties, and functions of the commissioner.
- (b) The board shall also
- (1) receive and review reports concerning the use of soil resources of the state;
- (2) hold public hearings and meetings to determine whether land in the state is being used in a manner consistent with
sound soil and water conservation practices;
- (3) make recommendations for specific action necessary to provide for the effective and orderly development of
agricultural, forest, and grazing land in the state;
- (4) review an appeal by an applicant or lessee from a decision of the director of the division of lands concerning a sale
or lease of state agricultural or grazing land and submit its recommendations to the commissioner or hearing officer;
- (5) act in an advisory capacity to the soil and water conservation districts in the state;
- (6) act in an advisory capacity to the commissioner and director of the division of agriculture in the review of farm
conservation plans for all state agricultural land sales in the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.